Friday, June 15, 2012

Struggling

I've been struggling the past few days. Majorly. Probably the reason I have been MIA. Like all week. As mentioned before, J landed a great job. A really great job (and opportunity). This job is the reason we moved 2 hours from where we were previously living. It was a great fit for him. He has been in training for awhile and so far it's been pretty good. Key phrase being "so far."

The very unfortunate situation we're about to venture into is graveyard shift (insert big frowny face here). Starting next week. I'm really dreading this. I had high hopes that I would be able to handle it, and maybe eventually I will. At this moment, I'm struggling with it. I keep finding myself overwhelmed about taking on so much by myself. It's reminding me of the times I used to feel a deployment creeping up on me. This is obviously different because at least he will be home. Yet there are so many similarities. He won't be home with us 4 days out of the week.

How do I get over my feelings of being frustrated and just feel happy? I should be happy. He has this great job that has so much potential. I shouldn't be complaining. Not at all. Instead I'm dreading it and hoping it's short-lived. Which of course makes me feel awful and so selfish. I'm not a selfish person so if I detect any ounce of selfishness it makes me sad. Yet I can't help it this time.

I hope this passes soon.

If I get too stressed out, I plan to use this. Often!

Source: google.fr via Leona on Pinterest


On a happier note, we may be adding a new furry animal to our family tomorrow! Crossing my fingers it works out. My kiddos are ecstatic. If all goes well I will be sharing more about "it" very soon :)

Now it's time to enjoy some quietness, a little TV and then hit the hay. L waking me at 5:30am is getting to me. I need a good night's sleep. Stat.

1 comment:

MaritNicole said...

Graveyard is never fun, but T always tells me,"ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get ahead in life".
So I just learn to accept it knowing it wont last forever. And it always makes the time we do have together that much more special since its so rare. :) I hope J isnt on graveyard for too long!