Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Recap

Monday already? Ugh! The weekend passed by so quickly and left me wishing I had at least one more day. But I don't have that option so I am going to muster up my happy face and push through today with a smile. Yep, just like this!
Excuse the horrible quality - taken with my Blackberry
Hopefully you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was pretty decent actually. L is still getting over a week long cold/virus of some sort and still isn't up to par and then J came down with the same thing on Friday. Fun stuff. I dragged his sniffling booty with me to the movies Friday night though. I had to see Hunger Games. Had to. We arrived about 45 minutes early to get decent seats when we should have been there at least an hour before. It was nuts! I expected it but didn't think it would be that bad. Boy was I wrong. We ended up down in the front but at least we were at the end of an aisle and were back far enough that it wasn't terrible. And I must say I was pretty impressed with the movie. Of course the books are ALWAYS better, but overall I felt like they did a pretty good job with it. They didn't leave too much out from the book and Jennifer Lawrence makes a great Katniss. This girl liked it very much and can't wait to see what they do with the second one!

Saturday was pretty low-key. J was sick and ended up sleeping through a good portion of the day. I did make a trip to Wally World with my mom and the kiddos and stopped by her house for delicious steaks that evening :) Most of the day was spent inside coloring with the kids, cleaning, and just hanging around.

Sunday morning J woke up feeling quite a bit better and wanted to take the kids to breakfast, so we dressed and headed over to The Original Pancake House. OMG, their servings are ginormous!!! I could have eaten half of what I ordered had I known this. But, it was a delicious egg white omelet and I pretty much ate the whole thing. Oops. We headed to Bend after breakfast to make a stop at Dick's Sporting Goods. J was looking for a heavy weight bag and was comparing prices. Since we were close by, we also stopped at Kohl's. Favorite store EVER. And I ended up splurging on these bad boys.
I am like an amazon woman in these heels! LOL.
Aren't they fabulous?! I really needed a cute pair of shoes for my grandparents' 50th Anniversary party we will be attending in a few weeks down in CA. I died when I saw these and had to have them. Needless to say, I got home and realized I bought the wrong size. Crap! I was seriously distraught. Only 1/2 size too big, but I can't get away with it. I must take them back. So, today after work I have to go back and hope they have my size. If not, I will order them and have them shipped and cross my fingers I have them in time for the party.

The rest of my Sunday was spent helping J with a tough assignment for his statistics class and ended my evening with one of my fave shows, Army Wives. Pretty good episode but next week looks even better.

Happy Monday peeps!